- You are here:
Please contact instructors directly for appointments.
Participants must be a Hampshire Athletic Club member or pay a session guest pass, payable to HAC. All lesson fees are payable directly to the instructor.
Instructors currently available:
Teaghan teaches private swim lessons (10 years experience) as well as group swim lessons at HAC. She has been a UMASS championship swim camp counselor for 5 years and a competitive swimmer for 16 years. Teaghan swam for Amherst Tritons Swim team for 12 years (along with being a volunteer swim couch for the team for 2 years assist head coach with younger swimmers in teaching them proper technique. Help first time parents learn swim meet proceedings. Team Captain for 4 years) Teaghan then swam for Division III Varsity Women’s Swimming & Diving Team at Springfield College for 4 years. Part of the Scholar All-American Team by the College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Part of the 2009-2012 NEWMAC Women’s Springfield College Swimming& Diving Academic All-Conference Team.
- Life Guard (6 years experience) First Aid/CPR (6 years experience)
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certified
- Member of the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA)
- Studied at ASCA Swimming World Clinic on Technique and Training
- Amherst High School Graduate, 2008
- Springfield College Graduate Bachelor of Science 2012, GPA: 3.56
- Major in Psychology, Minor in Criminal Justice
- Springfield College Graduate with a Masters in Science 2014, GPA: 3:89 (specialty in general counseling)
- Coed-Softball league in spring-summer seasons. (self-umpire)
With over 15 years of competitive swim experience, she enjoys continuing her lifelong love of the water through teaching swimming to all ages and ability levels. From helping first time swimmers to overcome a fear of the water to coaching competitive stroke and skill development poolside, her goal for all her swimmers is to become more confident and comfortable in the water. Carolyn continued her swimming career as a four-year varsity student athlete at Keene State College, graduating in May 2015 with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Health Science: Community Health and a Minor in Addictions. Prior to moving to Western MA to pursue a graduate degree in School Psychology at UMass Amherst, she has 8 years of experience teaching private and group swim lessons at the Manchester Athletic Club and YMCA of the Northshore.